Batuhan said they have looked deeply into this very particular case and obtained documents that would show Corona paid for the posh condominium unit in lumpsum and not on installment as the latter claimed.
Corona has been suspected and accused by the House panel of accumulating ill-gotten wealth and acquiring assets of high value.
It has been reported by investigative journalist Raissa Robles that Corona enjoyed a big discount in buying the P24-million penthouse at The Fort in Taguig for only P14 million — allegedly in exchange for a favorable decision in a suit involving condo developer Megaworld Corporation.
(See Raissa Robles’ report at http://raissarobles.com/2012/01/07/realty-broker-coronas-posh-condo-a-steal-at-p14-million/#comment-9586)
The Bellagio condominium unit is cited by the House prosecution panel as part of the evidence to prove Corona’s alleged “culpable violation of the Constitution” and “betrayal of public trust.”
- Corona enjoyed condo discount for favorable decision? (politika2013.wordpress.com)
- Cebuano lawyer among private prosecutors vs. Corona (politika2013.wordpress.com)
- Corona says trial a chance to stand up for principles (hreplib.wordpress.com)
- [In the news] Senate slams House panel Prosecutors told disclosure of CJ Corona’s penthouse against impeach rules – INQUIRER.net (hronlineph.com)
- Corona defends condo purchase (hreplib.wordpress.com)
- Solgen urges Corona to go on leave (hreplib.wordpress.com)
- Corona has gone political, should run for president: Cebu judge (politika2013.wordpress.com)
- PNoy vs. Corona: A PDI columnist’s perspective (politika2013.wordpress.com)